Not only does a virtual assistant work with small business owners and entrepreneurs but to students as well. Online English tutors and homework tutors are also in demand in the virtual industry just like a general VA helping out the day-to-day activities of a business.
English as the universal language is the widely spoken language in the word. This makes English an important part of the day-to-day activities of students, job hunters and businesses to name a few.
Decades ago, learning English was a bit of a problem. English teachers were scarce not to mention the cost of hiring a tutor is quite expensive and only those who have the means can afford to hire one. But with today’s fast-paced and technologically advance world, English tutorial is just a click of the mouse. One can now hire the service of an online English tutor anywhere in the world at a fraction of the cost of hiring one – physically.
Online English tutors are best for students who wish to have tutorials and school assignments at the comfort of their home, university students and those who are taking units in masters but don’t have enough time for additional paper works and thesis, businessmen for their business correspondence and more.
When having online tutorial you need to have the following:
- Computer or laptop
- High speed internet connection
- Good quality webcam for screen sharing (if needed)
- Good quality microphone for voice calling.
- Skype or any other VoIP software.
Most of the English online tutors are English native speakers or have a degree in Education major in English or a relative degree and are TOEFL / ESL passers. These tutors assist those who are beginners or have little knowledge in English to advance students.
Duties of tutor are the following but not limited to:
1) Tutor shall to create a lesson plan and fun activities to student.
2) Tutor is done through Skype or any other VoIP software.
3) Tutor is expected to submit evaluation / progress of the student to parents.
4) Record the session so the student can replay the lessons if something was not clear during the lesson.
5) Review the student of the previous lesson.
6) Assist with homework.
7) Assist in creating thesis and other school term papers.
8) Online projects like PowerPoint presentation, graphs, etc.
9) Redesigning the curriculum vitae of a job hunter.
10) Building compelling business plans for entrepreneurs.
How to be an English tutor:
- Must have a degree in Education major in English or relative course.
- Must have an exceptional command in the English language.
- A good written and oral communication skill is a must.
- Must be proficient at Microsoft applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and online tools.
- Friendly, approachable but professional.