So, you want to be an App Developer. Apps are hot and IN. It’s the most sought after thing on your smart phones and tablets. From apps for maps, apps for directions and to find your way around, apps for cooking recipes, apps for weather and apps for finding more apps and more.
The path to incorporating your design and ideas into one impressive app is not an easy routine to success. You have to be tech savvy, have one great sense of appreciation and knowledge of how to create one application that would capture your target market and hopefully make it big. According to some survey that by 2016, the total revenue from consumer mobile apps is expected to top $50 billion.
What does it takes to create these apps and be an app developer?
1) A degree in computer science or software engineering is a very strong foundation.
2) Associate or certification in app development or any aspects of development
3) Familiarity with a range of programming languages
4) Knowledgeable in User Interface (UI) designs
5) Further your knowledge and training of programming languages and User Interface (UI) designs
6) Learn how to create UI that is user friendly
7) Be a certified mobile app developer (if possible)
8) Get familiar with the different mobile platforms Application Programming Interface (API)
9) Computing skills (data management, hardware interaction and security)
10) Build and create an app that is unique, what the consumer needs and a great app.
Downloaded popular apps
3) Social Networking
4) Maps / Navigation search
Many of the best new releases on Android were originally created for iOS devices.
Some Android Apps
- Flipboard – social news magazine (free download)
- Instagram – make and share gorgeous photos (free download)
- Google Drive – store all your files in one place, so you can access them from anywhere and share them with others (free with subscription)
- Airbnb – trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world – online or from a mobile phone. (free)
- Chrome – Search and browse fast with Chrome on your Android phone and tablet. (free on Ice Cream Sandwich devices only, also available on iOS).
Some iOS Apps
- Camera Awesome – Shoot, Awesomize and share on the big screen! (iPhone, iPod Touch: free)
- Pocket (Formerly Read It Later) – Put articles, videos or pretty much anything into Pocket. Save directly from your browser or from apps like Twitter, Flipboard, Pulse and Zite. (free – also available for Android)
- Khan Academy – allows you to learn almost anything for free. (iPad: free)
- TouchTV – instantly watch the best clips from major TV networks with a single touch. Easily surf through channels with a swipe, and seamlessly share your favorite videos to Facebook. (iPad: free)
- LinkedIn Update – integrates content shared by your connections with the ability to map common relationships with the sender in ways not possible via any other app or site. (free)
Some iOS and Android games
1 ) Draw Something by OMGPOP
2) Jazz: Trump’s Journey
3) Angry Birds Space
4) N.O.V.A 3
Hire your virtual assistant from the best virtual assistant company in town – Virtual Assistant Talent.