LinkedIn networking is all about referrals and attracting highly qualified leads. Active prospecting is what happens when people start to engage with you and open up conversations and opportunities.
This time, we bring you LinkedIn lead generation hacks to beef up your LinkedIn lead generation strategy and get the best network marketing leads from it. The great thing is that, you can customize your search to fit your prospect ‘criteria’.
LinkedIn for network marketers is similar to meeting people at events that you shake hands with and exchange business cards with—except it all happens online.
Currently, there are more than 10 million networking professionals or network marketers on LinkedIn. Take a look at the stats:7 LinkedIn Lead Generation Methods
1. Connecting with People You Meet at Events
If you meet people at an event, feel free to send a request and tell them how you met them. You could also ask for an introduction via a mutual connection or introduce yourself in a common group.
2. Joining MLM and Networking Groups
The more active you are in LinkedIn groups, the more contact requests you will generally receive. Focus on your daily strategy using LinkedIn for lead generation:
- First, figure out who your target audience is.
- Second, find LinkedIn groups with members with that interest.
- Next, before joining a group, check the “activity meter” of the group to make sure you are only joining active groups.
- Don’t just stick to Home Business and Network Marketing groups.
- Expand your search to those who are not involved in Network Marketing that may show interest.
3. Developing Yourself as a “Go-to” Resource
Be someone who people will look for to find good information. This will give your profile more views and open up conversations.
- Everyday, go to your home page and post a status update.
- Then, share it to your groups, own group, and company page.
- Participate in groups and ask/answer questions from other members.
- Share others’ status updates and blog posts.
- Post useful tips in groups.
Make some connections and check what’s happening with people in your group. In particular, a LinkedIn lead generation service can search your target prospects send out connection requests and messages to them.
4. Use Your Unique Selling Proposition to Attract People
Your Unique Selling Proposition (USP) is what sets you apart from your competitors in the market. Pack up your page with concrete information about you, as this will help people searching for home biz opportunities find you easily.
How to use LinkedIn for B2C marketing:
- You should have a clear identity that will resonate with your target audience.
- Experience, skills and talents should shine in your Linkedin profile.
5. Research Leads in Your Local or Target Area
Use advanced search to find people by geographical area, industry, profession, company, keywords, etc.
Factors to consider:
- Do you know who your target audience is?
- Are they male or female?
- What age bracket are they in?
- Where do they live?
- What are their common challenges?
What to look for:
- Connections in common
- Associations/offline groups
- Something to contact them about (article, looking for an opportunity, looking for referrals)
6. YOU are the Brand
When implementing B2C lead generation strategies, start with connecting. Of course, you should be excited about the products or services you will be offering, but timing is everything. Your initial action with a new connection shouldn’t be a sales pitch. Focus first on connecting on a human level.
You can start building your online reputation by hiring virtual assistant. Assign your VA to connect to people within your niche. You can also have them post status updates and share articles to groups to widen your reach.
7. LinkedIn as a Keep-in-touch Tool
Engage with your connections on a regular basis. Comment on something you know they value or share a resource. Ask them what’s going on in their world.
Now you know some tricks on how to generate leads in sales and capitalize on the power of LinkedIn for B2C. Network marketing on LinkedIn requires the “YOU” view—that’s where LinkedIn gives you a professional networking and lead generation advantage.
Register for our Upcoming FREE Linkedin Marketing Webinar on How to Use Linkedin.com to market your business and generate new prospects each month!